Parents losing custody or being jailed because of obese children
The latest topic in Health is about parents being jailed for their obese children or them losing custody
******** This is not to offend anyone, it’s a discussion topic*******
Sad to say but this epidemic is not only costing tons of taxpayers’ money but most importantly this is resulting in death. The lives of people whom have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems, and etc is partly because of weight on the body. Yes, I do agree that everyone shouldn’t be compared on the same BMI chart because some of our frames can hold more weight. But at the same rate, when is this epidemic going to cease!
Taking a deeper look into this problem, I think that the parents should be punished but not with jail time, that’s just ridiculous. I think for those parents that do feed their children junk, are just ignorant because they don’t know any better. The saying goes “If you knew better, you’d do better”. These parents need to be held accountable for attending mandatory nutritious classes, so they can become knowledgeable. I don’t think that any parent want to see their young child die because of their weight, I think that parents just want to see and make their kids happy. Unfortunately, they feed them with junk to make them happy and satisfied. I think that if the parents were to be jailed, the children will either do two things that is, lose weight or gain more weight because of the depression from being separated. This in my opinion would only make things worse, because fast unhealthy weight loss is the weight that eventually returns!
My personal story:
As a child growing up, I was chunky and still am, but I’ve decided to turn over a new leaf as an adult. Looking back in to my past as a child, I can say that my mother and father cooked nutritious meals and my diet was not full of candy and fried foods / fast food. Now the only down side to my story is that I didn’t receive the necessary exercise, mainly because my parents were both night shift workers and weren’t home to monitor my activity or transport me back and forth to sport activities. Although I wasn’t able to participate in sports I was still a regular kid in the neighborhood that rode my bike/scooter, played double dutch, etc. Oh and I almost forgot to mention, when I would go to the doctor, the doctor would tell my mother not to worry about my weight because with height and age the weight would level out. Needless to say, IT DIDN’T!!!!! So with all this being stated, do I blame or give some of the responsibility of me being so heavy on my parents, yes I do because I lived in their household, they bought my clothes and grocery to put in the fridge. I had no control over anything nor did I know the risks of disease because of extra weight, and it was within their parental responsibilities to take care of my health. What child says I need to eat healthy or I can get diabetes from eating too much of the wrong things!
Let me know how you feel about this subject, and I’d love to hear any stories you have, etc!!!!


Comments
Post a Comment
Talk to me... I appreciate the support, advice, and anything positive you have to say! Check back because I respond to all comments, support, etc.